Posted by AzBlueMeanie:
'Bobby Jindal, the Exorcist' and governor of the state of Louisiana, exorted Tea-Publicans at the RNC Convention to exorcise their demons and to "stop being the stupid party." "It's time for a Republican Party that talks like adults." "We've got to stop insulting the intelligence of voters. . . we've got to stop dumbing down our ideas and stop reducing everything to mindless slogans and taglines for 30 second ideas."
The sweet irony of Jindal's comments was entirely lost at the home for "mindless slogans and taglines for 30 second ideas," FAUX News Fraudcasting, in this video report below the fold.
Bobby Jindal has the right message, but he is the wrong messenger. Jindal has no credibility to preach about "the stupid" in the GOP. Creationism Advocate Bobby Jindal Warns GOP Against Becoming 'the Stupid Party':
Jindal signed into law and vocally supported the ironically-named Louisiana Science Education Act, which has been described as a “thinly veiled attempt to allow creationism into the science classrooms of his state.”
Last year, Jindal established a private school voucher program that will bring taxpayer dollars to schools that explicitly teach creationism.
That's right. In Louisiana, the Earth is only 6,000 years old and Jesus rode dinosaurs with his lesser-known apostles, Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble.
Think Progress has a brief list of Five Reasons Bobby Jindal Is Responsible For Transforming The GOP Into ‘The Stupid Party’ (there are a lot more "stupid" ideas from Bobby Jo Jindal, look it up):
[B]efore Jindal begins giving advice to members of his own party, he might consider how his own record is alienating mainstream voters:
1. He permits Louisiana schools to teach creationism. Thanks to Jindal’s educational voucher system in Louisiana, students will be attending private or parochial schools on the taxpayer’s dime. But those schools don’t necessarily meet the standards of the state’s public schools, and may teach students creationism instead of standard science curricula.
2. He allows state employees to be fired for being gay. During his first few months as governor, Jindal decided not to renew an anti-discrimination executive order protecting LGBT employees who work for the state. Jindal has also said that same sex marriage opens up a path for courts to overturn the Second Amendment.
3. He has signed bills to intimidate women seeking abortions. Jindal compared women who have gotten abortions to criminals. But that unpalatable sentiment also came with a policy change — he signed a bill that requires all abortion clinics to post intimidating messages in their waiting rooms, and establishes a website that points women to crisis pregnancy centers instead of abortion-providing facilities. Jindal also signed a measure creating a 24-hour waiting period between a woman’s mandatory ultrasound and the date of her abortion.
4. He seeks to dramatically cut taxes for the wealthy, increase taxes for everyone else. Jindal’s latest tax proposal would raise taxes for 80 percent of Louisianians. The poorest 20 percent — with an average income of $12,000 — would face substantial tax increases, while those in the top one percent would on average get a tax cut of $25,423.
5. He refuses to provide health care for Louisiana’s poorest. Louisiana has the third highest uninsured rate in the country. Twenty percent of residents lack insurance of any kind. But as one of the governors vehemently opposed to Obamacare, Jindal turned down the Medicaid expansion offered under the law, ignoring the fact that it would drastically lower the numbers of uninsured and ultimately save the state money on emergency care.
Bobby Jindal is not the wunderkind that he would like people to believe. He is just another right-wing politician who plays to the ignorance, fear and resentment of wingnuts in the GOP.