Posted by AzBlueMeanie:
Our Southern Arizona Tea-Publican enablers for our colonial overlords from the state of Maricopa have been hating on the City of Tucson and Pima County for years, trying to subjugate its "librul guvmint."
They have micromanaged Pima County and the City of Tucson:
- Imposed a Rio Nuevo Board appointed by our colonial overlords from the state of Maricopa; their appointees proved to be as incompetent as the board members they replaced. State of Maricopa appointed Rio Nuevo District Board is costing taxpayers for litigation (the "troika" of John Munger, Jodi Bain and Jonathan "Payday" Paton, Josh Brodesky: Rio Nuevo is troika's plaything);
- Sought to dictate new election rules on the Charter City of Tucson (Arizona Supreme Court unanimously rejects 'Paton's Law'), and Ted "tort reform" Vogt tried to slip in the Vogt floor amendment to an election bill (SB 1331) that would have benefitted his brother the Phisher King, Tyler, Vogt, in his (failed) city council bid;
- Sought to impose new rules for contract bids for government services (SB 1332) and limit the ability of cities to impose impact fees on developers (SB 1525);
- Sought to eliminat the civil service merit selection system for Pima County employees Frank Antenori's secret plan to end civil service merit selection system for county employees;
- Stole millions of dollars from state revenue sharing and HURF funds to "balance" the state budget leaving us without enough money to even fill our potholes. Now the City of Tucson is forced into a bond election (Prop. 409) to repair its streets $100M bond to fix local streets deserves support;
- Confiscated a wastewater treatment facility from Pima County to hand over to the Town of Marana (represented by Jonathan "Payday" Paton) without just compensation to Pima County Disputed treatment plant goes to Marana;
- Ted "tort reform" Vogt and his idiot sidekick Vic Williams showed up at the Pima County Board of Supervisors and tried to intimidate the board over fund sweeps by the legislature State lawmaker calls Tucson a "corpse" and Pima County taxpayers dig deep to pay for state cuts;
- Sought to impose a new authority that would give Marana, Oro Valley and Sahuarita, together, veto power over new borrowing for roads and other projects in Pima County Panel would let 3 towns veto county bonds.
The list goes on and on.
Sen. "Don't make me angry" Frank Antenori, a sponsor of HB 2656, acknowledged there is a partisan element to all of these bills. Panel would let 3 towns veto county bonds:
"You have Republican bedroom communities that are being punished, literally punished, by the county and the Democrat stronghold of Tucson who are upset that these Republican bedroom communities are sucking people and businesses out of Tucson and into their communities," he said.
In other words a Tea-Publican minority should be allowed to impose its will on the Democratic majority of Pima County. This is authoritarianism and tyranny.
It's time for voters to toss out the Tea-Publican enablers of our colonial overlords from the state of Maricopa. They have been trying to subjugate us for years. If you want your interests represented in the Arizona legislature then you need to elect Democrats to represent you and to stand up to our colonial overlords from the state of Maricopa.