Posted by AzBlueMeanie:
Last week the RNC mistaklenly posted a draft version of its 2012 GOP Platform to its web site before it had been voted on and approved by the delegates. Politico captured it before it was taken down, and it became a news item.
- A Restoration of Constitutional Order: Congress and the Executive
- Defending Marriage Against An Activist Judiciary
- A Sacred Contract: Defense of Marriage
- Living Within Our Means: A Constitutional Budget
- Federalism and The Tenth Amendment
- The Continuing Importance of Protecting the Electoral College
- Voter Integrity to Ensure Honest Elections
- The First Amendment: The Foresight of Our Founders to Protect Religious Freedom
- The First Amendment: Speech that is Protected
- The Second Amendment: Our Right to Keep and Bear Arms
- The Fourth Amendment: Liberty and Privacy
- The Fifth Amendment: Protecting Private Property
- The Ninth Amendment: Affirming the People’s Rights
- The Sanctity and Dignity of Human Life
- Respect for Our Flag: Symbol of the Constitution
- American Sovereignty in U.S. Courts
No really, those are the section headers. Lots of claims to the Constitution by people who are clearly clueless about the Constitution based upon their selective reading, and who desire a theocracy. Knock yourselves out perusing it.
UPDATE: Ezra Klein: Why you should read the Republican Party platform:
A poll released this week by the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press included an unexpected result: Americans said they were more interested in the party platforms released during the conventions than the speeches. That is to say, forget the pageantry; voters want the cold, hard PDF documents.