Posted by AzBlueMeanie:
The first two days of the 2012 Democratic National Convention, Tuesday, September 4, and Wednesday, September 5, will be held at Time Warner Cable Arena.
The final night of the convention, Thursday, September 6, will be held at Bank of America Stadium.
Former President Jimmy Carter will address the 2012 Democratic National Convention by video at the Time Warner Cable Arena on Tuesday, September 4, in prime time. President Carter’s message will include unique insights about President Obama as a global leader.
First Lady Michelle Obama and San Antonio Mayor Julián Castro will speak at the 2012 Democratic National Convention’s opening night, Tuesday, September 4th, in prime time, at Time Warner Cable Arena. Mayor Castro will be the first Latino keynote speaker at a Democratic National Convention.
Massachusetts U.S. Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren will speak at the 2012 Democratic National Convention on Wednesday, Sept. 5, from the Time Warner Cable Arena. Warren will speak in primetime, just before former president Bill Clinton, delivers his prime time speech nominating President Barack Obama.
President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden will deliver their acceptance speeches on the final night of the convention, Thursday, September 6, at Bank of America Stadium.
The Democratic National Convention Committee has announced the following additional speakers for the 2012 Democratic National Convention (so far):
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel
- California Attorney General Kamala D. Harris
- Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper
- Former Virginia Governor Tim Kaine
- U.S. Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts
- Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley
- Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick
- Former Ohio Governor Ted Strickland
- Wisconsin Congresswoman Tammy Baldwin
- Former Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Tammy Duckworth
- Sandra Fluke, Georgetown University Student
- Denise Juneau, State Superintendent of Public Instruction, Montana
- Nancy Keenan, President of NARAL Pro-Choice America
- Caroline Kennedy
- Lilly Ledbetter
- Eva Longoria, Obama Campaign Co-Chair
- U.S. Senator Barbara Mikulski of Maryland, together with the women of the U.S. Senate
- Cecile Richards, President of Planned Parenthood Action Fund
The DNCC will unveil additional convention program details and speakers in the coming days.
UPDATE 8/24/12: Additional speakers announced to date:
- Newark Mayor Cory Booker
- Charlotte Mayor Anthony Foxx
- Former Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm
- Lieutenant General Claudia Kennedy (ret.)
- Congresswoman Barbara Lee of California
- CarMax co-founder and former CEO Austin Ligon
- Connecticut Governor Dannel Malloy
- Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter
- Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak
- Costco co-founder and former CEO Jim Sinegal
- Los Angeles Mayor, Democratic Convention Chair Antonio Villaraigosa
Mayor Booker, Lt. General Kennedy and Congresswoman Lee will present the platform on Tuesday, September 4th to the convention.