This year will be Resident Bush's last State of the Union address. It will be a pack of utter lies, deep self-delusion, and Olympian hubris - should be hilarious.
It will surely feature a pitiful attempt to establish a legacy of anything other than abject and horrifying error and failure - it will be like watching 'The Office', only the central idiot will be even less self-conscious, much less likable, and will make you even more uncomfortable on his behalf.
Sounds like a great time!
Well, with a few friends to get you through it, it can be. Drinking Liberally can now be said to be hosting it's annual SOTU Party, as it is now the second year we've done it. Come join us for this revered and time-worn ritual.
Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius will deliver the Democrats' response. Delivering the party's message in Spanish will be Texas State Sen. Leticia Van de Putte. She's a pharmacist from San Antonio and the past president of the National Conference of State Legislatures.
When: January 28th starting @ 6pm
Where: Rusty's @ 2075 E. Grant Road (Grant and Silverbell), ask the staff to find us as we have a private room for our revels.
What to Bring: rude noise-makers, soft objects (like nerf) to throw and shoot at the Resident
Why: Because you don't want to face it alone!
If, like me, you really can't wait until January 20th, 2009 to see the back-side of this Administration, you can join DFA in fighting the good fight to impeach these idiots.
- Call Giffords' local office at 881-3588 and urge her to:
- co-sign the Wexler/Baldwin/Gutierrez letter demanding impeachment hearings now
- co-sponsor H Res 799 - Articles of Impeachment on Richard Cheney
- co-sponsor Articles of Impeachment on George Bush, being introduced by Dennis Kucinich Monday. (Grijalva's office needs a call, as well.)
- Join the crowd at Pima and Swan anytime Monday evening from 4-6pm to demonstrate for Impeachment of Dick Cheney. We've got lots of extra signs. Just show up. We had 10 folks last week, even though the Giffords office was CLOSED for the MLK, ,jr. holiday. If we have enough demonstrators, volunteers will head off to Campbell and Speedway or Broadway and Kolb to spread the word - Honk to Impeach! We'll let Giffords' office know that we are "spreading the word" and "turning up the heat" a bit.